Ad Libitum is a coaching consultancy specialising in leadership and development. We work with clients challenged by organisational transformation who want to re-think the way they operate or lead and with individuals managing transitions. Our aim is to enhance confidence, awareness and individual performance.
We coach and mentor CEOs and work with senior executives in many sectors here and abroad including Investment Banking, and Financial Services, the Charity Sector, Horseracing and the Military.
Who we are...
Ad Libitum is an Executive Coaching Business founded by Dena Merson
Dena is a leadership coach, mentor and consultant, whose first-hand experience working in an ever-changing and high-risk environment as a head of trading and City MD gives her a skill set that is beneficial to her clients, particularly in these times of Covid-19. She has expertise in coaching and managing individuals and teams remotely and focuses on the unique well-being and practical challenges people are facing working from home.
Her broad coaching practice, cultivated over ten years, allied with her City career and board portfolio provides a diverse outlook. Limiting beliefs and barriers are examined and removed through a method of challenge and understanding impact. Her experience of working with leaders in different spheres enables clients to explore fresh solutions which enhance their performance and benefit those they work with through the formation of clear sustainable strategies.
Through the coaching process, clients learn to adapt their modes of behaviour and thinking, which can ensure enduring change in leadership style. Women, who want to further their career, develop the tools and self-belief and that will enable them to achieve their business objectives and thrive in executive and board roles. Our aim is to ensure that all clients learn and utilise their strengths and maximise their potential giving them the balance and confidence to be fulfilled and successful in their career.
What makes us unique...
What our Clients Say - Testimonials from organisations and individuals
"We worked on a specific employee development project, where Dena’s mentoring skills perfectly matched the needs of a senior manager’s leadership development. Her understanding of the brief, rapport with the employee and focus on practical outcomes was excellent."
~ Board Chairman
"From my perspective as Dena's client, her hallmarks include being professional yet warm, a fantastic listener, sensitively and intelligently challenging, outcome-focused, and fun."
~ Senior Executive Pharmaceuticals
"Dena has assisted me with how to manage my Board and Chairman, how to get the best from difficult team members, how to influence key stakeholders, how to make the most of my strengths and to recognise and deal with my blind spots."
"Apart from providing me with a role model to look up to, I got the chance to learn from Dena. Using her experience and specialist knowledge of the industry and its key players, she has ever since provided me with a tremendous amount of support; not only regarding my career, but covering my whole personal and professional development."
- What we offer:
- Leadership Coaching and Executive Mentoring
- Performance management
- Diversity experience
- Role transition
- Resilience and mindfulness guidance
- Presentation Skills and Public Speaking
- 360s Evaluation and performance psychometrics
- Succession and pipeline planning and preparation
- CV creation/Interviewing/Induction
- Board profiling, Process and Evaluation
- Recent assignments:
- Focusing on stability in a Brexit environment with an Investment Banking Chief Executive
- Organising a symposium and workshops exploring the challenges faced by working mothers
- Resilience work with leaders in financial services through Covid-19
- Diversity coaching in the City and in horseracing
- Navigating your board’s expectations with a charity senior executive
- Working on a transformation and sustainability strategy with a Chief Executive
- Preparing a sales director for her move to a senior role in Asia
- Succession planning Partnership work for a Management Consultancy
- Addressing the communication gaps between a chief financial officer and his operational team
- Pioneering and developing Women in Racing’s Mentoring Programme
Arena Racing Company , Bank of New York Mellon, British Horseracing Authority, British Army, Citi, European Breeders Fund, Grant Thornton, Great British Racing, Horserace Betting Levy Board, Integral Sports Management, Dame Kelly Holmes Trust, Levrara, Mentorxchange, NHS, Newbury Racecourse, Nomura, Pony Club, Racing Foundation, Royal Over-Seas League, Shadwell Estates, Thoroughbred Breeders Association, United Response, Women in Racing.
Education and Coaching Qualifications
- Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge BA (Hons.) MA English
- Managing Director at Credit Suisse.
- WABC Certified Business Coach (CBCTM), Qualified MBTI practitioner. Graduate of Meyler Campbell Mastered Coaching Programme TM.
- Board Member and Trustee on Horseracing Boards and Executive Council Member Royal Over-Seas League.